The Roshanara Club Code of Conduct is a regulation regarding the conduct of members of the Club. Traditionally; Club requires “gentlemanly” conduct from all members. The member is responsible for conduct of his / her dependent /s and guest /s.
The Discipline committee has framed a Code of Conduct, and actions to be taken in case they are not followed including the prohibitive orders like smoking areas, spitting, betting and other prohibitory directions issued from time to time to maintain the decorum & dignity of the Club.
Depending upon the violation of code of conduct the Discipline committee of the Roshanara Club may take actions against member/s.
The following are the broad categories of offences:
Level 1 to 5.
Categories of Offence
- Serious Violation of dress code, abuse of equipment or any part of the ground.
- Using language or a gesture that is obscene, offensive or of a seriously insulting nature to another member, bona-fide guest of a member, a staff member.
- Violation of any prohibitive orders.
- Withdrawing any complaint without assigning any sufficient reason that satisfies the disciplinary committee.
Level – 2
- Repeat of any Level 1 offence within 12 months.
- Showing utter disregard to Club Rules by word or action.
- Inappropriate and deliberate physical contact with member
- Misbehavior with any Office Bearer, Member of Management Committee or Paid Secretary’s (herein after called Management) decision by word or by action.
- Repeat of any Level 2 Offence within 12 months.
- Using language or gestures that offends race, religion, caste, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.
- Repeat of any Level 3 Offence within 12 months.
- Physical assault to another member, bonafide guest of a member, a staff member including bearers and temporary staff.
- Any act of violence during the stay in the Club.
- Attempting to divide members on the basis of race, religion, caste, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.
- Using language or gestures that seriously offends race, religion, caste, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin.
Level – 5
- Bringing any weapon or arms in the Club.
- Any other offence considered serious enough to be kept in this committee.
- Filing false and frivolous complaint against managing committee member.
The penalties available for each offence are based broadly on the levels. The penalties are as follows:
Reprimand / warning with an unconditional written apology.
Level – 2
Refraining from using Roshanara Club facilities for a week to fortnight with an unconditional written apology and fine or both.
Level – 3
Refraining from using Roshanara Club facilities for a fortnight to a month with an unconditional written apology and fine or both.
Level – 4
Refraining from using Roshanara Club facilities for a month to six months with an unconditional written apology and fine or both.
Level – 5
Suspension / Expulsion as per the provisions of Article 56
All decision of Discipline Committee will be final & binding on the member / s and will be displayed on Club Notice Board for a period of Seven Days
The Member shall have right to appeal to the managing committee against offences under Level 4 & Level 5 only. The President of the Club may appoint an Appellate Committee which will normally consist of three members and a Secretary
( A Senior Member with legal background – Advocate ).
Member of the Committee shall be
- at least 35 years of age, or
- member of the Club for at least 10 years, or
- should have at least one tenure as member of Managing Committee and
- may not have faced any disciplinary action during this period.
The disciplinary committee shall consider all complaints / suggestions as a possible opportunity to improve club services and implement preventive and corrective measures.
The managing committee is committed to monitor and achieve continual improvement.
Management committee has approved Installation of CCTV Surveillance monitoring system at appropriate places for security and safety of members and club property.